Thursday, July 29, 2010

Livvy's Personal Style- Soft, Girly, Flirty, Chic, Retro

Hey there, fashionistas! Alrighty, so this is my (Livvy's) outfit that I think best represents my personal style. Madison and I have very similar taste in fashion in the sense that we both love very girly and soft, feminine pieces. We are total shopaholics and do like to blow our money every chance we get! But, that's off topic.

The first piece is the shoes. I always like to start an outfit from the shoes on up, because it's so much easier narrowing everything down and putting together an outfit if you already have the shoes picked out. Now, all of the pieces shown can be purchased from Modcloth.com online.

These boots are called "Butler Street" and are $39.99. I love their sepia-toned color, the lace-up front, the almond-shaped toe and the cuff. What's great as well is that the boots are so versatile. They can be paired with numerous outfits, and every girl needs boots like that! They have a nice, retro feel and are great for everyday outings.

 


Now, onward! The next piece is the dress. I absolutely ADORE dresses paired with boots like these. The matching of the two is so cute and the dress really plays up the entire outfit. This dress is called "Feeling Bubbly" and is $79.99. I love the navy blue color because it goes fantastically with the boots, and it's super retro and chic. It reminds me of a sailor girl and the bust of the dress is just stunning. I think that the fit of the dress would compliment a lot of body types, as well. Like the boots, the dress is so versatile and could easily be matched with flats, heels, wedges, you name it! 
Okay, so now we've got the two main pieces- shoes and dress. Now, it's time to glam it up with accessories! The first accessories piece really ties the whole outfit together perfectly. Not only does it make the dress match a lot better with the boots, it fits with my flirty, chic, girly, soft, retro look. Adding a belt to almost any outfit makes it look 1,000 times better. This belt is called "Save the Bets for Lasso" and is $17.99. I love how it's wide and braided, and I absolutely love the gold rope-like buckle. Very cool. It's practical and chic, and can go with nearly anything!

These pieces of jewelery really complete the whole outfit, in my opinion. The necklace is called "Anchoring for Accessories" and goes along with the nautical feel.  
 The last piece is a beautiful, classy ring. The ring is called "Wingfield Ring" and is $15.99. Obviously, the blue of the roses matches the dress and boots, while the gold of the band looks great with the necklace and buckle of the belt. The ring gives the look a slightly classy, elegant touch and, yet again, is such a versatile piece of accessory, which is one of my pet peeves. Because, why buy something if it can only be worn once?




I hope you enjoyed an inside look on my personal style. Not all of you have to like it, I'm just showing you the types of things I love to wear. For me, it's all about looking good and making a statement everywhere I go! If you have any questions on any of the individual pieces or are unsure about things you can pair with them, feel free to ask away! That's what we're here for- advice and insight on fashion.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Livvy










0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Two best friends ready to blog about their passion for fashion, and hopefully, to save the world from another "Fashion Police" outfit, one post at a time.

Our Amazing Followers

Blog Archive

Template by: Free Blog Templates